Generously donated to the Society by the family and descendants of William Flaherty, a beautiful oil painting of the Great Barrington Manufacturing Co. plant on Bridge Street (shown to the left) is now on display in the Museum, The 24″ by 40″ framed painting was done by Gene Klebe, a well-known Maine artist.
Along with the painting, the family also donated written records and photographs of this important mill in town. Its location later became the site of a log home business and is now the site of a new affordable housing complex.
The pitcher and basin set to the right was manufactured by the C.P. Marquette Co. and was very kindly donated by Bob and Mary Ellen Foster. The set was originally located in a small cabin on the Timothy Hayes property, on land he inherited from his father Roger Hayes in New Marlborough prior to 1925.
The cabin had running water but no bathroom. This set will be included in a future display in our privy attached to the Wagon House when that area has been finished.